Options for Restoring Missing Teeth in Minot
Living with missing teeth can be uncomfortable and affect your confidence to smile in front of others. Olson Family Dental offers a variety of restorative services to replace missing teeth, including dental implants.
Dental implants serve as a high-quality replacement for lost teeth. These posts anchor dentures or crowns to replace multiple teeth. Their durability is unmatched, and unlike other smile restoration options, implants naturally fuse to the jaw like a regular tooth.
Initial Consultation with Dr. David or Dr. Megan
Receiving a dental implant requires multiple visits and is not always a viable option for some patients. Our dentists first carefully examine the area where the implant will be placed and answer any questions about the process with the patient in a direct one on one visit at our office. Some aspects to consider are:
- Adequate bone support – Able to support the new, titanium posts (implants).
- Healthy gums – Without dense tissue to heal correctly, an implant procedure will fail to be incorporated into the oral structure.
- Overall dental health – Most dental operations require our patients to be on top of their oral hygiene at home well before the procedure for optimal results.
Although having weak jawbone support or other complication can discourage implants, our doctors make efforts to provide this beneficial treatment when requested. During a consultation, one of our dentists may recommend a bone grafting procedure through our designated oral surgeon. By surgically crafting a denser jaw, the patient can receive the apparatus in a safe manner.
How Is a Dental Implant Placed?
Implants are installed over the course of several phases:
- The damaged tooth is removed.
- Metal posts are placed into your jawbone.
- The patient undergoes a healing period.
- Abutment (metal stem for surface cap/crown) is positioned onto the post.
- The abutment receives the beautiful new tooth.
Advanced Technology and Prosthetics
A crown is molded using our state of the art digital imaging equipment, resulting in an implant that looks and feels great. Additionally, our digital impression device can help during preparation and display the ideal positioning of a dental implant without the inconvenience of using an inaccurate mold. We are continually investigating the latest technology to make the experience of our patients during treatments like dental implants safer and more convenient.
Call Us Today
Olson Family Dental is a great place to start when considering possible options to replace missing teeth with implants. We are conveniently located near Minot, Mohall, and Gleeson, and we are happy to answer any additional questions you might have on the procedure. Call today to find out more!